Ironbull's blog

Reality check blog

Jeez he's hot. Love the photo. Body, face, gear, pose. Took trouble to present a good image.

Hmm. A decent wrestler too. Good recommendations. A decent past opponent list.

"Hey fella how are you? Are you that man in the photo?"

"No, I'm much more complex."

"So how come you're projecting this simple image of classic masculinity?"

"It's my touchstone and my reassurance. It's how I want to be seen. The world and its burdens have been expelled from my photo."

"But you can't have it both ways."

"Wrestle me and and I'll be the man in the photo"

"How will we overcome distance and diaries and the flu and unexpected family visits?"

"I told you I was complex".

Damn.

Last edited on 7/06/2017 8:03 PM by Ironbull
Votes disabled.

Comments

hugefan (97) 12/18/2014 12:17 AM

That's very funny. Often the hotties are too good to be true. try milksandwater, even hotter than the photo and if he says he will turn up he will.

Ironbull (101) 12/18/2014 10:14 AM

It is completely fictitious. The point being that gay men (and probably straight ones too) endlessly run aground on the gap between the simplistic icon that they see and present in a fetishistic way and the hard reality of being a middle aged man. The person in the photos is never what you get and you can only be endlessly disappointed. To achieve your fetishistic desires - your icon and your wank fantasy - you have to be willing to strip away your humanity and his.

hugefan (97) 12/18/2014 10:45 AM

that's me told. nothing wrong with a good view when you wrestle although some of the best wrestles i have had are with the ordinary joes like myself . a wee bit of fantasy isn't so bad on a cold winters day x

Ironbull (101) 12/18/2014 10:59 AM

Not at all. I wasn't casting aspersions and I do this too. I am just reminded of it often. It is one of life great annoying realities, just like all life's pleasures being illegal immoral or making you fat lol

pouochh (15) 5/29/2015 3:30 PM

Great post :)
Thanks Ironbull, your blog entries are spot on!
P.

Ironbull (101) 5/29/2015 3:36 PM

Thanks boss. I am in fact as confused as everyone else....

Alecmusc (30) 8/18/2019 5:38 PM

Great text, loved the way you expressed it.