Tracker

[messages] Folders or labels for messages

An idea for future development would be a way to categorise messages. Maybe use folders or labels so I could maybe have a folder for future wrestling matches - maybe subdivided into countries. I have no idea how hard it is to do such things, it may not be possible. Just an idea. Thanks

Last edited on 11/12/2016 9:12 PM by Admin

Golden (9 ) 12/13/2016 5:08 PM

A tagging system would be really nice and useful, I think. Keeping track of the guys who will actually be nearby will be easier and their messages wouldnt be as hard to find underneath msgs from people you can't reasonably meet soon.
But it depends how full your inbox is, I guess. And I do notice some tendency on the site for people to mark potential matchups as favorites on their profile as opposed to trying to keep track of certain message threads. I just switched to that method of record keeping myself instead of only relying on msgs but I dunno. You learn to adapt to the functionality you have in front of you. I dont doubt people who message a lot and are serious about meetups would use tags though.

munichsubfight (53 support) 12/22/2016 12:08 PM

Not sure how much time I myself would spend into categorizing messages, but sure it is a nice feature.
The value increases a lot, thoguh, if the automatic system-messages would come in already auto-tagged:
- regular/untagged messages written by users
- profile update notifications
- user xyz has uploaded a new photo
- "New comment on" for some of the discussions going on
- ...did I forgot another category of sytem-created messagess?

While some users might like to dispose easily of all system-created messages, others might want to keep the "New comment on" information while deleting the "Uploaded new photo" messages. That´s why I propose the above handful of categories instead of only a distinction between "human written" and "machine written".

hammock (0) 4/23/2017 9:43 PM

I absolutely second munichsubfight's suggestions. Those "admin messages" should be divided into their respective causes.

Wrestle4Fun (106 platinum) 2/14/2017 3:27 PM

Please stop it. Just one or two months.
I just fed up of new inventions.
Just my point of view
Thanx

edscissors (14 platinum) 4/14/2017 8:42 PM

Could be useful but maybe not a high priority. But thank you, Admin, for always being so ready to listen to suggestions.

OddJobb (8 bronze) 18 days ago

I would be already very happy if the system wouldn't change all my message subjects into generic "Profile update notification". It's hard to keep track what is a challenge conversation, small talk or just system message.
Because so far I have to keep track of guys and possible fights in a seperate document on my desktop not to be confused. :D

Your Profile