Grapple101 - Any competitive wrestlers wanna go?

Sturdy (31)

8/21/2012 11:18 AM

That's a shame, we could really do with something like this in London, even if it is only like once a month or something. There would be a sense of occasion so I think it would be more popular.

Translate

UKrenegade (86)

8/24/2012 10:05 PM

(In reply to this)

I'd be interested in going again if a few wrestlers were going to be there. Do we know the news as to whether it is functioning? Maybe we need to suggest better mats!

Translate

wresto (39)

8/21/2012 10:39 AM

There are no Grapple101 anymore as I've heard. The guys are looking for a new place so hopefully They will start it again.

Translate

dragonuk (21 )

8/21/2012 9:45 AM

Anyone know if grapple101 is on this weekend? More to the point is anyone going to go. I went this time last year, and to say the mats were quiet would be an understatement. As fightmuscle/robbie says on the kind recommendation her wrote on my profile, we were the show. We wrestled and chatted for most of the evening. But as others have said - it was a friendly atmosphere, and the guys who werent wrestling were cool to chat to.

I would certainly be up for going again if there were a few guys into submission wrestling that would hit the mat. We could even teach a few moves or something.

Translate

Sturdy (31)

8/09/2012 12:14 AM

Making it monthly is probably a good idea, it will go some way to combating the typical London apathy. Shame I can only do alternate Saturdays, though, not including the 25th :-(

Turpin, you can just watch, or you can get stuck in and LEARN, thereby IMPROVING...which I think you will find much more fulfilling!

Any time I can get to it I'll be happy to do some coaching.

Translate

patmw (0)

8/20/2012 2:03 PM

(In reply to this)

Hi id this a class i would like to try wrestling more.

Translate

patmw (0)

8/19/2012 5:16 PM

(In reply to this)

Hi When is you next met is it only wednesday you met. I would like to have a try at wrestling again, but only one thing i am a fet old sod. and a good work out would do me the world of good. i need some coaching

Translate

turpin (71)

8/08/2012 11:51 PM

Does going along and paying the £5 commit you to wrestling or can you be a spectator? I'm interested in seeing what it's like but there's no point participating if the standard is out of my league.

Translate

wresto (39)

8/08/2012 6:22 PM

No, but it will be held only once a month...next one is on 25.08.

Translate

ChineseGrappler (47)

8/08/2012 5:27 PM

Does anyone know if they have stopped doing this now?

Translate

Sturdy (31)

7/18/2012 10:50 PM

It will be my first time, though I know the Eagle well as it used to be my local. I've joined a gym nearby for my strength training so it all fits together pretty well.

Translate

oldscrapperderby (172)

7/17/2012 12:42 AM

I'll be there this sat, been to some of the old weds night meets before but not for a while, I'll see what it's like now.

Translate

wresto (39)

7/16/2012 5:15 PM

Hah, glad you are relieved. I was teasing you. Hope you will have good time there too...;)

Translate

Sturdy (31)

7/16/2012 5:09 PM

That's a relief... My thighs in spandex ain't a good look!

Translate

wresto (39)

7/16/2012 4:45 PM

@sturdy You don't have to expect ballerinas in lycra walking around there. Indeed you can wear whatever you want, wrestle whoever you want...have beer, fun and good chat. Lycra is not a must... And ofcourse it is all about wrestling, no orgies neither swan lake...surprise, surprise it is just a cool afternoon out where you can meet someone that you have something in common with...actually the guys that organasing it are very cool and their effort to keep running it is respectable. I always have a very good time there.

Translate

Sturdy (31)

7/16/2012 3:49 PM

Well this could be the nearest thing London gets to having a venue like Pippa's, so I could well end up using it regularly. No private mat rooms, but that's not a problem for those of us who are actually wrestlers!

Translate

Maximus (8)

7/16/2012 3:02 PM

Hi there i have heard of it but as you say bad time & long way to go, but i am interested in having a look so wouldn't mind hearing more.

Translate

Sturdy (31)

7/16/2012 2:51 PM

Now that the Eagle London is doing Grapple101 on a Saturday afternoon instead of 11pm on a Wednesday night (stroke of genius, that!) I find myself in the position of actually being able to go.

I'll be there with a beginner I'm coaching. I'm strictly submission so I've got no interest in pro and I will NOT be wearing lycra! If any other sub fighters are interested let me know...

2pm-7pm Saturday at the Eagle, Vauxhall. £5 entry. See the Events page

http://www.eaglelondon.com

Translate
Please log in if you wish to post a topic here.