Warrior 1881

squaddie5852995 (0)

5/13/2012 5:45 PM

Mitja/Paul was out running on his own when he had the cardiac arrest. He was getting fit for his return to London at the end of June/beginning of July when he intended to resume his cage fighting. Sadly he was dead by the time he was found.

Although Mitja and I had been chatting the day before his death it took his family over 2 months to get his computer to open so they could tell me what had happened. As his mother only speaks very little English and was obviously still very distressed it was difficult to get too much information.

I attach another photo of him in the hope that some more members might recognise him and provide more photos for Mitja'a tribute page on GearFetish.

In the meantime many thanks to Marco "Fighter.it" for finding 3 photos of Mitja. Please log in to view gallery photos.

Translate

Tanker (210)

4/06/2012 11:51 AM

I met Paul at Grovepark in I think 2010. Like everyone else I found him warm, funny generous spirited & lovely unforgetable guy. A real character. Had one of my best ever wrestle/ sparing sessions. He asked me to go out after the meeting with him which I could't do due to a prior comittment. We were going to meet up again but we never did which I bitterly regret esp after his early & tragic death. RIP.
Tanker xxx

Translate

TigerWizard (26)

4/02/2012 6:28 PM

I remember him saw him at grove park thought it was quite unusual as he was wrestling but walked about on walking sticks. unfortunly did not have a match with him and never will. How did he die was it in a combat match or something else sad loss though for everyone

Translate

squaddie5852995 (0)

12/01/2011 8:04 PM

Here is one of my pictures of Paul in the hope it will jog a few memories. His hair was generally longer than this.

attachment
Translate

Mark uk (281)

11/28/2011 8:19 PM

I didn't know Paul to wrestle but had spoken several times about meeting when he returned to the UK. I can only say that he was charming, polite and respectful. RIP my friend and regards to his family. Mark

Translate

squaddie5852995 (0)

11/24/2011 3:37 PM

Paul was moving in with me when he returned to London to continue his cage fighting in June 2011. I have set up a tribute to him on my GearFetish profile. If anyone has any photos of him I would be most grateful if you could let me have them. Many thanks - Geoff

Translate

hardandy312 (44)

8/22/2011 1:15 AM

and another picture

Translate

hardandy312 (44)

8/22/2011 1:12 AM
Translate

hardandy312 (44)

8/10/2011 2:29 AM

So Sad to hear that Mitja (paul) warrior1881 passed away in May 2011. I invited Mitja to one of my subs -nhb-and gutpunching events at Iain Scotts Grovepark mat room. He readily agreed to travel over for the meet and then have a vacation in London after. Mitja had been suffering from a form of cancer in his lower shinbone for a while before the event but was so turned on by the occasion he did have a few matches with some of us. He was a very strong good looking fighter who i had a lot of time for. Sadly while he was staying in london he had a relapse of the shinbone problem after a disagreement with his landlord and ended up in hospital over here for a lengthy stay. After a period of being un-settled in London he returned home to his Mothers house to recuperate. He was not a guy to complain about his problems and he tried to overcome his adversities in the only way he knew how. He had a longing for blooded fights and brutal fights but at the same time he would be perfectly happy to wrestle anyone no matter how trained or inexperienced they may be. I would like to thank tombyker for bringing this to our attention having wondered why we hadn't been in contact for a while after i had sent him a few emails. RIP Mitja (Paul). You will be missed. Please log in to view gallery photos.

Translate

tombyker (23)

8/10/2011 12:16 AM

It is so sad to report the death of paul warrior 1881 in may 2011 friends have just recieved a confirmation of this from his mother in italy i will remember him from a wrestle meet at grove park a very skilled MMA fighter all that were there at that meet two years ago will remember him well RIP paul. Tombyker

Translate
Please log in if you wish to post a topic here.