I am very lucky that I was not left with any permanent damage after being hit by two cars on foot. So this is how it happened...

My mom passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly and within 3 months my best friend of 18 years was hit by a car and never woke up and within 2 weeks from that my 16 year old dog had to be put down. All that at once was a lot to handle, so I talked with my doctor, who put me on Xanax and for anxiety and Ambien for sleep. I wish someone would have told me these two medicines should never be mixed, hindsight right? After two weeks, I thought I was feeling better, I laid down to goto sleep and woke up 4 days later in the hospital to a male nurse who said "We were waiting for you to wake up for days." My first thought was "I must have been in an earthquake!" The nurse explained there was no earthquake, I had walked out of my house without shoes and walked a block away right into a busy intersection and was hit by two cars. The doctors explained that mixing these two medications can cause sleep walking. My doctor who prescribed the meds was in his 80's, about to retire and was slipping, so it was explained to me at the hospital.

Last edited on 2/13/2020 12:10 AM by promissionwrestling

BamaJDon41 (3) 14 days ago

Pharmacists should also have known which drugs can't be combined. What a terrible series of events. The only bright spot I can see is that being unaware of the accident there's no traumatic memory involved.

nofabio (4) 14 days ago

SO GLAD you're alright now!! :)

promissionwrestling (24) 14 days ago

Thanks, me too. Life is short, don't sweat the small stuff.

Jimmy Elijah (79) 13 days ago

i’m glad you’re okay but damn! this smells like a big fat malpractice lawsuit ready to unfold.

i recommend you lawyer up ASAP because you can sue based on:
• owed duty of care (doctor and/pharmacy)
• failure to provide sufficient care
• suffered injury (usually, injuries are physical—you became sick, went into a coma, did not get well, etc. because of the wrong prescription. In some situations, severe emotional distress might also qualify even without a physical injury.)
• injury from wrong Rx

it’s hard to analyze these facts on your alone. i hope you meet a qualified attorney who can analyze the specifics of your case

promissionwrestling (24) 13 days ago

Hi Jimmy, it was settled and I was compensated but I am just happy not to have any permanent bodily injury.

Jimmy Elijah (79) 13 days ago