Boxing

Lightweights (130~135lbs) (59~61.2kg)

topboxer (5)

10/10/2021 12:19 PM

Except for NYC and SF there is almost never any other gay boxer in the same weight and age range within 100 miles. If you want a workout you have to travel and use different gear like headgear and heavier gloves to even out advantages. Some more experienced boxers can ease back on punching power to keep things even. A gym with a boxing program might let you spar with the straight amateurs if you work out there regularly, but they don't have much interest in noncompetitive fighters unless there is a 'white collar' program. Those are very rare outside the biggest cities.

Translate

Southpaw130lbs5ft7 (0 )

10/10/2021 1:27 PM

(In reply to this)

Thanks. I do want to compete and I'm working out at a boxing gym nearly every morning before work- but due to covid we're only hitting bags and not sparring. I can't afford private lessons but that's probably the only way I'll get to spar over here, and that would be with a straight coach. I'll stop whining now hehe these are first-world problems. I'll get back on grindr and just go back to keeping love-interests and fighting-interests as separate animals
🥊😁

Translate

PunchingBagWanted (5)

10/09/2021 7:29 AM

You can use the advanced search to find guys in you're weight class guy.

Translate

Southpaw130lbs5ft7 (0 )

10/09/2021 7:57 AM

(In reply to this)

Oh... hehehe I plugged in the search criteria and I'm the only person on here in this category in Atlanta! No wonder no replies, and also no replies to my request for a match on Oct 11th...

Translate

Southpaw130lbs5ft7 (0 )

10/08/2021 12:37 PM

Hi all- I'd love to spar with other lightweights. Seems none around my area (Atlanta, GA)... so lightweights no matter where you are, let's at least have this as a place to gather and talk to each other.

Translate
Please log in if you wish to post a topic here.